Old songs of Bollywood have its own charm, you just can’t get enough of it. Melodious voices of Jagjit Singh, Suresh Wadkar, Richa Sharma, Asha Bhonsle and much more are still the most magical voices to our ears. 2016 is the year when Bollywood got many of its old melodies back but with a little surprise. Some movies were released in 2016 but some of them are still lined up for 2017 and these movies are in headlines because of these old hits’ comeback. Few movies brought back the famous Punjabi numbers like Kapoor and Sons have ‘kargai Chull’, Ki & Ka added ‘High Heels’ and Baar Baar Dekho chose the hit 00’s Punjabi track ‘Kala Chashma’. Kala Chashma came back with an electrifying touch of rap by Badshah, a Lady voice of Neha Kakkar and the Punjabi flavor of Indeep Bakshi.
Here are some more 2016 Bollywood comeback numbers:
- Akshay Kumar’s hit movie Airlift added a much popular Punjabi Track ‘Soch’ which was originally sung by Hardy Sandhu but Arijit gave his voice to the Hindi version song in the movie. It was loved then and now as well.
- Tum Bin II was another movie that tried to spread the magic of Jagit Singh’s voice again after his death. The first movie, Tum Bin I got much affection for the story and especially for the song ‘Koi Fariyaad’ which was sung by the magician himself, Jagjit Singh. Even till today, this song is loved by many, so the team tried to recreate the magic again in Part II. Though no male voice can do the justice to this song so movie got a female version of ‘Teri Fariyaad’ and just used the old song between.ous song of Suresh Wadkar voice ‘Ae Zindagi Gale Laga le’. Here this song has two versions one is male sung by Arijit and the female one sung by Alia Bhatt herself. No doubt the old song magic can’t be compared but these versions were appreciated.
- Wajah Tum Ho, a movie with newcomers of industry has got few old hits in the track list. Remember Dharmendra and Rakhi’s song ‘Pal Pal Dil ke Pass’ from the movie Blackmail, was sung by the great Kishore Kumar. This song was recreated for the new movie in Arijit and Tulsi Kumar’s voice. Not just this, the top item number of Malaika Arora in 00’s ‘Mahi Ve’ from the movie Kaante was sung by Richa Sharma, is also a part of this movie but this time its Zareen Khan on screen and the gorgeous voice behind is of Neha Kakkar.
- AR Rehman, the master of music, started creating his melodious magical world from 90’s and is still going on with the best of the bests. In 2016, Rehman brought back his own creation again with more energy. It is the Humma Song that has already set all dance floors on fire. This song was first composed for the movie ‘Bombay’ and now it is back with a bang in Ok Jaanu. The song was originally sung by Remo Fernadez & Swarnlatha and Sonali Bendre was featured in it. The lucky singers who got a chance to sing AR Rehman’s creation again are Jubin Nautilya, Shashaa Tirupati and Badshah for rap.
- Two more 2017 movies launched power pack songs in 2016 as item numbers, which are Kaabil and Raees. Amitabh Bachan’s hit song from 80’s movie Yaarana, ‘Saara Zamana’ has got its way back through Hrithik Roshan’s movie Kaabil. The song is recreated in the female voice of Payal Dev and a rap in Raftaar’s voice. This song features Urvashi Rautela but on the other side, Sunny Leone is showing her moves in the remake of evergreen song ‘Laila main Laila’ in the film Raees. The original song featured Zeenat Aman and Feroz Khan in a Karaoke style.
So, Even the person not partying on New Year’s Eve will make a plan to groove on these numbers.
Yesha Rughani from Hero Gayab Mode On
Working during a pandemic is no easy feat, but actor Yesha Rughani, who was last seen in Muskaan, says that all precautions are being taken on the sets of her brand her show Hero Gayab Mode On. Talking about it, she says, “I think new normal has become a lifestyle now. Whether I am going for work or something else, I have to follow precautions. Obviously, you are scared. But on the set, we take many precautions, medical people are there, they check us every day. The makeup and hair stylists are wearing their kits. So, I think overall it’s a secure working environment. I hope everybody stays well and fit.”
The actor is back on the sets after almost a year and is loving it. “We wrapped up Muskaan’s shoot in December last year and this show is launching December. We have started shooting from November so I think almost a year. It just feels too good to be back and I think I have been missing being onscreen. I missed shooting and I am loving the feeling of getting on the makeup chair, the entire routine, listening to action, cut, roll each and every minute detail of shoot life. It’s fabulous to be back,” she says.
In fact, she’s got a lot of appreciation for her look too. “I rejuvenated myself during this break. I got into this healing thing where I was on a strict detox and my skin healed, my hair, my body healed. I was in my comfort zone and used to wake up on time and follow a proper routine, even though there was a lockdown. I had ample time in the lockdown to take care of myself. I am fresh as a flower now and all set to rock again. For the new look, I am getting really good reviews because people are seeing me like this onscreen for the very first time. My first two roles were very different. So, seeing me in a totally different avatar with short hair is exciting. I have really lost weight, there is a different kind of look and feel to the role. I am getting a very good reaction and I am loving it,” she says.
Meanwhile, Yesha started a balloon business too during the lockdown and plans on balancing both her acting and business venture. “Lockdown has, of course, changed our lives in many ways from being able to value things to be grateful to life, self-healing and taking care of yourself, self-discipline. I ventured into a new business. I love to be very busy so I think it wouldn’t be a problem to manage both the things. I have my sister also who is taking care of this business, apart from me. I think it works for us. I also carry my laptop and everything to shoot so that if I get some time, I make some designs and send them across. I think it’s going to be fun to manage both,” she says.
Anupamaa welcomes Kinjal in the Shah home, gives lessons on a happy married life
Anupamaa in Rajan Shahi’s show of the same name had the dream of welcoming her daughter-in-law with a lot of love and warmth. And though her elder son, Paritosh, married Kinjal without the permission of their families, Anupamaa made sure she welcomes the newly-wedded couple by following all the rituals and a lot of love.
Firstly, when Rakhi was going to slap Kinjal for taking this step, Anupamaa stopped her saying that she cannot hurt her daughter-in-law and welcomed them home by doing aarti. Both Baa and Vanraj were quite upset with the kids, and said that they have given an opportunity to Rakhi Dave to seek revenge from them. When Paritosh said that if they have so much problem with them, then they will go somewhere else, Anupamaa stopped them and said that it’s their home and they will stay here.
Anupamaa is over the moon that she has become a mother-in-law now and tells Paritosh and Kinjal that they need to seek blessings from everyone including Kinjal’s mom and father. She also told them that the secret to a happy married life is letting go of unnecessary arguments. She also welcomed Kinjal in the kitchen and taught her the daily rituals that she follows. She also asked her to serve everyone halwa as part of a ritual of her first day in the kitchen. But Baa who is upset with how Rakhi created a scene outside their house said that nothing can help her overcome the bitterness given by her mother.
In the upcoming episode, the audience will see that Anupamaa asks Kinjal to apologise to Baa and also takes her to meet her mother Rakhi. But will Rakhi accept Kinjal’s apology? What will be her next move as she has promised to destroy the Shah family.
Produced by Rajan Shahi and his mother Deepa Shahi, “Anupamaa” features Rupali Ganguly, Sudhanshu Pandey, Madalsa Sharma, Alpana Buch, Arvind Vaidya, Shekhar Shukla, Paras Kalnawat, Muskan Bamne, Tassnim Sheikh, Aashish Mehrotra, Nidhi Shah, and Anagha Bhosale. It airs on Star Plus.
” I want to do it just like Deepika”, model Sasha Merchant
Over the years, Deepika Padukone has given Bollywood some of the most memorable performances and serves as an inspiration to many young girls be it for her fashion or her spectacular work. Aseem Merchant’s daughter Sasha Merchant too looks up to the superstar for making it big in the industry.
Speaking about how Sasha would like her Bollywood path to look like she said,”If I want to step into Bollywood, I want to do it just like Deepika. I love her and she is my absolute favourite.”
“I feel like right from modelling to films, the kind of work she has done is simply amazing, so if I do it, I want to do it just like her”, says Sasha.
Deepika was the one to break the stereotype that models cannot act. She was not just a successful model but also worked immensely hard on her acting skills over the years and today is the number one actress we have setting an example for the many other models who dream of stepping into Bollywood.
Deepika may have been criticised for her acting in her early days post the massive debut she got with Om Shaanti Om but she used it positively, which is extremely inspiring to aspirants and young girls who want to be like her. She stood by example that hard work and dedication can help you achieve anything you desire to.
Sasha has just stepped into the fashion scene becoming a quick favourite for major brands and designers and is already turning heads in the fashion industry.
Director David Dhawan shares his thought behind bringing the hit of 90’s ‘Coolie No. 1’ back again with a twist!
Coolie No. 1 has made it to the cult classic films of the 90’s that one could re-watch numerous times for a killer on-screen pair and songs which still get our feet tapping. The film has been revamped with a modern day twist and director David Dhawan shares his thought and experience behind re-making the film.
“It’s my film that I made 25 years ago and the thought of a re-make had never come. What happened is I had to do something with Varun, and I was thinking what to do, what to do.”
David further adds, “When I asked Varun, if he liked this film, he saw it and didn’t answer. He was later getting a little convinced, as it was a very difficult film for him because we have one of the best actor playing his role, and there’s no comparison. At the same time, Vashu ji said let’s do this film, it’s a damn good film. That was the first film that Vashu and I had done. So that’s how the idea came.”
Talking about the script, the director says, “When I started to work on the film/ script, I had to redo everything. If that wouldn’t have been ok I am not saying yes.”
Th makers have also released peppy tracks back to back, first Teri Bhabhi followed by Husn Hai Suhana which have made it to everyone’s party playlists once again.
Adding onto the Christmas cheer, Amazon Prime Video brings the World Premiere of David Dhawan’s 45th film Coolie No. 1. Directed by David Dhawan, the Bollywood romantic comedy is produced by Vashu Bhagnani, Jackky Bhagnani & Deepshikha Deshmukh.
The film also stars Paresh Rawal, Rajpal Yadav, Javed Jaffrey and Johnny Lever. Prime members in India and across 200 countries and territories can stream the world premiere of Coolie No.1 starting December 25 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Marriott on Wheels
If you have been missing out on some of your favourite dishes amidst these unprecedented times, worry no more Marriott...
Somy Ali says her favourite Bollywood actors who’re excellent dancer are Madhuri Dixit Nene and Shah Rukh Khan
On World Dance Day today, actor-turned-humanitarian Somy Ali recalls her tryst with the art form during her stint in Bollywood....
Rasika Dugal spotted wearing Vedika
Rasika Dugal spotted wearing Vedika M’s Hand brush painted one shoulder draped dress in deep blue, black & white with a belt for...
Chahat From Qurbaan Hua Latest Updates
Pratibha Ranta’s portrayal of good-hearted and honest Chahat Baig Dhyani in the ongoing fiction Qurbaan Hua has touched the right...